The objective of our Career Counselling service is to provide a systematic approach for aspiring youngsters. This is achieved by-
- Nurturing in students the confidence to aspire and the resilience to overcome challenges along the way.
- Advance planning, preparation, participation and performance in a rigourous academic program that connects them to their college and career goals.
- Ensuring equitable exposure to a wide range of extracurricular and enrichment opportunities that build leadership, nurture talents and interests, and increase engagement with the school.
- Providing early and ongoing exposure to experiences and information necessary to make informed decisions when selecting a college/career that connects to academic preparation and future aspirations.
- Encouraging preparation, participation and performance in college and career assessments by all students.
- Providing students and their families with comprehensive information about college costs, financial aid and scholarship processes and eligibility requirements, so that they can plan for a college education.
- Ensuring that students and parents have an early and ongoing understanding of the college and career application and admission processes so they can find an option that are best fits with their aspirations and interests.
- The Senior School Career Counselling Centre provides the following facilities for our students:
- Conducts the PSAT examination in October. The deadline for registration is 12th June. This year the exam will be held on Saturday October 20th at 8:00 am in the Senior School.
- Advises on AP Potential based on the PSAT scores and other factors.
- Conducts the SAT exam on the first Saturday of May, June, October, November, December and the third Saturday of January. The registration for this examination is completed by the students online. The examination is held at the Senior School.
- Coordinates the Reach Cambridge Summer School, UK- This is held at Cambridge in the month of August each year. The registration for this is by April and needs approval from the school.
- Coordinates the Sunburst Youth Camp to Singapore. This is a cultural exchange program held in the second week of December each year. The registration for this is by August and needs approval from the school.
- Coordinates the Education Program for the Gifted Youth – AMSAT, from standards 1-7. This is an online enrichment program for English and Mathematics. For more information contact the Career Counselling office.
- Coordinates NISWARTH- a community service exchange program with the students of Phillips Academy, Exeter.
- Reviews Summer Schools for students and teachers- including developmental resources.
- Invites speakers from various fields to talk to our students, so that they are more aware. This is apart from the Career Fair held for students where individuals from various vocations are invited on a particular day to guide/advice our students.
- Holds individual meetings with parents and students of standard 11 and 12 by appointment to be able to meet individual career needs.
- Revises, prints and distributes student handouts.
- Conducts detailed step-by-step sessions on the application processes for UK and USA admissions to colleges. There are several group and individual sessions held throughout the year. This includes sessions on writing an outstanding statement of purpose and / essays for applications and filling of the forms.
- UCAS / USA monthly updates are shared with students who are applying to the UK/USA. Giving out resources and books related to colleges applications.
- Keeps a track on the progress of each application and takes follow-up action if and when required.
- Prepares an updated School Profile insert – the SAT and AP score summary, the ICSE and ISC graphs, highlights of the academic year.
- Schedules mailing of all overseas applications between October 15th and December 17th, along with the students. Schedules online submission of UCAS applications between September 1st and December 17th, alone with students.
- Verification of all students’ documents related to the college application including resume and marks should be complete by August end.
- Procures CET from and Admit cards for the Maharashtra Central Entrance Examination for Medicine, Engineering and Pharmacy.
For appointments or clarifications contact the Career Counsellor by appointment from 2:30pm to 4:00pm, Monday to Thursday. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org