The British Council International School Award (ISA) is a benchmarking scheme that recognises and celebrates exemplary practices of internationalism in schools.
We have received the accreditation for our outstanding level of support for nurturing global citizenship in young people and recognition of our school’s efforts for bringing internationalism in curriculum.
To qualify for the award we submitted:
A portfolio of evidence based on an approved action plan of international activities over a twelve month period.
We had to satisfy the following criteria:
- An international ethos embedded throughout the school.
- A majority of pupils within the school impacted by and involved in international work.
- Collaborative curriculum-based work with a number of partner schools, including overseas partners.
- Curriculum-based work across a range of subjects.
- Year-round international activity.
- Involvement of the wider community.